Monday, 4 March 2013

TECHNOLOGY @ TAURANGA PRIMARY

TERRIFIC TECHNOLOGISTS

For four days of each term, the Tall Poppies head off by bus to Tauranga Primary to the purpose built Technology Centre for Year 7 and 8 students.
At the Centre, students are sorted into learning groups for hard and soft textiles.

Here is Leah with her Term 1 creations.


On day 2 we made a tog bag type thing. 
On day 3 we made a normal apron and finally on the last day we made a disposable apron made out of plastic bags.”                                           -Leah



Reflect on your Technology experience for Term 1:

* What went well for you?

* What was challenging for you?
 

5 comments:

  1. Kiani Taylor18:59

    What when well..
    ~Sewing my materials together using the right stitching(Zigzag and straight stitch) because if I sewed my apron together with straight stitch it would come undone easily.

    Challenging parts for me were....
    ~Me, Chloe and Mya(D)were all on flasher sewing machines than all the others, so working the setting was challenging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natpat16:57

    What went well....
    I was in the cooking room: I mixed,cooked, and presented a yummy dish of for other people.

    challangeing parts for me were....
    doing things by my self with no one to corect me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latasha Yorke13:02

    Wow Leah
    you a star at sewing. i love how you made diposable approns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Latasha Yorke13:14

    what went well:
    hard tech i got all my things done that i had to complete :)
    i used all the machine's and thought about saftey.

    Most challenging thing:
    having to leave tech :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke James18:43

    Hi Mrs Rose and Mrs Taylor

    What went well for me:
    I was in cooking, and I got every thing done. I was a production manager. (That means I have to give everyone jobs to do, I gave my self the last job.)

    What was chellening for me:
    some of the things in the book work I could'nt understand because the writing was in "teacher writing".

    ReplyDelete