Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Day off School because of Fantastic Weather


To broaden our views of the world and to develop our critical thinking skills, each morning we spend 15 minutes examining and responding to the world around us. 
There is always something interesting to discuss.
Here is today's most interesting news (as voted by the class)

Imagine if the weather was too good to go to school.


A school in Washington state gave their students the day off to enjoy the magnificent weather.



Principal Bob Simpson said "In a world that's got a lot of hard things going on, its fun to create a moment of joy".



205 students had the day off school. Bellingham is in Washington, about 144 kilometers north of Seattle.


The principal asked if the students could take a pic of their fun sunny day off.


What would you do if there was a day off school due to fantastic weather?


By Keilani and Kiani

8 comments:

  1. Natalie13:19

    Wow they are so lucky there principle is awesome. If I had the day of due to the awesome weather I would go to my lakehouse and swim,do some fishing and relax in the sun !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke C11:07

    I think they have a really good point and I also think that Mrs Billington should consider this fantastic weather celebration.
    If i were to have this opportunity I would go to the beach because it wouldnt be as crowded as it usually is with chirldren and possibly if I were in the mood walk AROUND the Mount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke J11:08

    How cool to have a day off school just because of fine weather!
    I would probably just stay at home and play out on the farm and read my book and do some art stuff.
    But if were summer I would go for a swim in Grandads pool but still read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. troy11:15

    AWESOME!! If I had the day of due to the awesome weather: I would play with my dog,ride my bike,go to baywave with my family,go fishing with dad and sleep in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik11:19

    Awesome!! The're so lucky! If i had the day off school due to fine weather, i would: have a good sleep in, go for a swim at Baywave and hire a boat and go fishing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiani11:29

    When keilani and I saw this on news and views, it caught our eye!
    I would just treat it like a weeked but we'd get 3 days off insead of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toby10:28

    We should get at lest one day of school because of fantastic wether. And make us work harder the day before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte13:43

    I think that was pretty awesome to get a day of school because the weather was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete