Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Marimba and Recorder

We have been learning Marimba and Recorder with Mrs Denise every Wednesday.
We learn how to read notes and play different parts like bass, harmony and melody. 
On a marimba there are Bass, Middle and Top notes, they all have different tunes or sounds. 
Recorder is like a instrument that can play a lot of different notes and we all learn to play different parts on it.
By Kiani and Natalie.


Here we are performing 'Junkanoo' as a class.

* What are your strengths in music?
* What are your learning goals in music?

6 comments:

  1. Brooke J11:36

    Hi Mrs Rose and Mrs Taylor
    I can Keep in time if others aren't going too fast, if they are I try to keep up with them.
    I can remember songs easily too.
    Goal: To try and attended all of the Marimba band practices (sometimes I'm at piano lessons and have no idea what I am doing when I come back.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiani14:07

    Hello, In recorder I can play many different notes without mucking up, in marimba I can keep in time and keep a beat.
    My goal is to remember the songs and practice them at home as I am in marimba band

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natpat :)10:28

    Hi
    I can keep up with everyone and play hard songs
    My goal is to: on recorder I need to learn how to read the notes propaly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myah =D10:31

    Hello Mrs Rose & Mrs Taylor,
    My strengths in music are remembering my chords and keeping in time with the other players.
    My goal is to learn harder music to play and remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winchester10:33

    Hello, in marimba I can almost do all of the notes without mucking up, in recorder i can not really remember how to play the notes properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jessica_ H18:44

    Wow what AMAZING marimba:)

    ReplyDelete