Thursday, 13 March 2014

WELCOME TO 2014

Greetings and Welcome to 2014.

We are thrilled to have another wonderful bunch of learners. An exciting year is planned with lots of challenges that are designed to grow you as a learner and leader.
Mrs Rose and Mrs Taylor

Briefly introduce yourself as a Tall Poppy.
- What are your strengths as a learner?
- What are your goals and aspirations?
- What are you excited about for 2014?

14 comments:

  1. Hannah14:44

    Hello I'm Hannah I'm a year seven. I am good at being creative, organised and I like being a leader. My goal is to do well in aims games and challenge myself at camp. I am excited about camp and being in the school council.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica08:30

    Hello I'm Jessica and I'm a year 7. I am good at art and reading and love to make up new story's. My goal is to get better at maths and to be a good leader in the school council. I am very excited for sports camp and art camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamish14:19

    Kia Ora!
    My name is Hamish. And I am a Tall Poppy year 8. I love singing/acting/reading and technology. I am we'll mannerd and polite. I'm also a proud librarian and am in Choir/Marimba Band and school council.

    Some of my strengths as a learner are:
    Being creative and always trying my best at certain things. Willing to learn new things and having 3 lovely teachers guiding me when I am stuck on certain things. I am good at reading/writing/music/handwriting and many over subjects but I am not so good at maths.

    One of my goals this year is to improve in my basic facts knowledge like 7's/4's and 12's. Also to improve in calming my self when it comes to maths and big test's. One of my aspirations is to be a worldwide famous popstar and a famous actor. I've been in many productions and singing competitions. I have also came runners up in a speech finals competition.

    I am excited about all the awesome camps coming up and learning heaps more things with my teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toby18:02

    Hi i'm Toby and im a year 8 tall poppy. I like maths, sport, reading and technology. My goals are to improve my spelling, writing and pass level 6 at adrenalin forest. I'm really looking forward to art camp and sports camp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael08:30

    I'm Rachael a Year 8 Tall Poppy I love, reading, writing and art. my goals are to get better at maths, be brave to try new things and learn all types of new words to gain a better vocabulary. I can't wait to go to all camps this year and to do all the house day activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. charlotte10:41

      Hello, my name is charlotte daffron i am a year 7 in tall poppy i like reading and a little of writing. my goals are geting better at maths and spelling. in tall poppy im excited to go on all the camps.

      Delete
  6. I'm Max and my strengths as a learner are reading and English
    my goals are to improve on my maths and handwriting
    this year I`m looking forward to the art camp looks like fun
    from max

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:32

    i'm Joe a year 7 Tall Poppy the three things i look forward to is:

    1. All the opportunities

    2. Getting more involved with sports

    3. Camp

    I will try hard in all of my work and this is going to be a really good year for me.

    My interests are:

    technology
    and sports

    I'm doing sound system so i learn more about operating more types of technology

    Thank you for reading this.

    -Joe Daffron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Myah10:32

    Hi I'm Myah and I'm a year 8 in Room 14.
    I like spelling, writing, reading and art.
    My main goal is: to move up to dividers in maths.
    I can't wait for Art & Leadership camp and Sports camp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aston10:34

    hello I`m Aston a year 7 Tall Poppy. I like maths, reading, art and p.e my goals this year are to get better at my writing and handwriting I like trying new things and giving things a go. I`m so existed about camp and the next house day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie10:38

    Bonjour, Kia Ora koutou!
    Hello my name is Sophie. I am 11 years of age, a year 7 in Tall Poppys, choir member and part of the Enviro team.

    I LOVE horses and other animals, netball, the beach, boogie-boarding, wood work, singing, dancing and swimming.

    I am excited about the up-coming camp, Tall Poppy swimming sports and the girls rugby team (the Tauriko Tacklers.)

    I have had a great year in room 14 so far and i'm looking forward to the rest of 2014.



    ReplyDelete
  11. Ethan10:39

    I'm Ethan a year 7 student and i'm really looking forward to all of the amazing things that are going to happen this year i'm so excited for our first camp this is going to be the best year I have ever had. I really love science, reading, maths and inventing. My least interest are climbing, running and jumping of high places. So that's a little about me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katrina Opie10:59

    hello i'm Katrina a year seven student who is in the Tall Poppies three things i'm looking forward to this year is:

    1.maths is my strongest strength and looking after other people

    2. I want to get more evolved in sport and try to get my writing to look better

    3. the camps and all the different responsibility that I will get

    my interests are:

    cooking, art,swimming, maths

    ReplyDelete
  13. April13:26

    Hi, my name is April. I am new to this school this year. This is the only year
    I will be a tall poppy so what I want to do is to learn and have has
    much fun as possible and meet so many people before I go to collage next year.

    ReplyDelete